Planning & Public Outreach Process
In February, 2021 Met Rec embarked on a six-month-long planning and outreach process to better understand how its television service could provide continued value and remain relevant to the community at-large. The process included four public work sessions and a TV Operations Input Survey.
- To share information about the television translator system.
- To collect public input to inform a strategy for near and long-term operation of the translator system.
- To develop a television operations plan to guide Met Rec in the operation and maintenance of the television translator system over the next 3-5 years.
As a result, an operations strategy was crafted that guided the development of Met Rec’s nascent Translator System Operations Policy. The purpose of the policy is to guide Met Rec in the cost-effective operation of its over-the-air television translator system. It is also intended to provide Met Rec staff, Board Directors and constituents with a transparent process for how and when a translator site’s cost-effectiveness will be assessed and the steps taken if a site is deemed appropriate for decommissioning.
Information about the process timeline, including meeting material, can be found below.
Public Outreach Process Timeline
- February 17th Virtual Public Work Session | 4:30 PM – 6:00 PM
- Share information about the translator system.
- Solicit input on planning process considerations.
- TV Operations Input Survey | February 19th – April 9th
- Survey can be completed online or by phone (contact information below).
- Constituents may also request a hard copy of the survey via mail.
- April 21st Virtual Public Work Session | 4:30 PM – 5:45 PM
- Review public input
- Review Draft Operations Strategies
- Collect additional public input on draft operations strategies
- May 19th Virtual Public Work Session | 4:30 PM – 5:45 PM
- Review of Operations Strategy and Plan
- July 21st Work Session | 4:30 PM – 5:45 PM
- Review Draft Translator Site Operations Policy
- Please note, this meeting will be held in person at the Gunnison Office with the option to attend remotely via Zoom.
Written comments and questions may also be submitted any time via phone, email, or mail.
Gunnison Met Rec
P.O. Box 1369
Gunnison, CO 81239