If you have received a recreation grant award from MetRec, congratulations! We are honored to promote vital recreation opportunities to our citizens.
The information and FAQ on this page are intended to provide you with an overview of the steps involved in administering your grant.
There are two main steps:
- Completing the Funding Agreement
- Completing the Request for Payment form
If you anticipate your recreation grant project will not be completed during the specified grant period, you’ll need to complete a Request for Funding Agreement Extension form.
Note that each step is completed or executed via signing a separate DocuSign agreement. Please review this page and contact us with any questions.
The MetRec board meets regularly on the third Wednesday of every month at 6:00 pm. We aim to include your funding request or extensions in the board packets, which are distributed on the second Wednesday of each month. So we kindly request to receive your signed documents prior to the second Wednesday of the month for the month of your request.
Here is a copy of the funding agreement template, which includes the following three documents:
- Funding Agreement, including your Project Description (EXHIBIT A)
- Request for Funding Agreement Extension form (EXHIBIT B)
- Request for Payment form (EXHIBIT C), including itemized expenses, copies of invoices (if applicable), and a budget report
Please review the funding agreement template in detail before contacting MetRec about completing these agreements.
Funding Agreement (including Exhibit a)
- This is the first agreement step, and MetRec initiates it.
- We will email you the Funding Agreement via DocuSign. It will include the Funding Agreement, Request for Funding agreement Extension form, and the Request for Payment form because the agreement consists of the terms of these forms. However, only the Funding Agreement and Project Description (EXHIBIT A) will be completed at this step. The Grantee will upload the Project Description to the Funding Agreement DocuSign document.
- The agreement is between the Gunnison County Metropolitan Recreation District (“District”) and the legal name of your organization (“Grantee”).
- The District funds certain non-profit and governmental entities for park and recreation services.
- The Grantee’s project should be detailed in “EXHIBIT A,” your Project Description. Your project description should align with your awarded grant application and description of how your grant funds are to be spent. Upload your Project Description file to the DocuSign Funding Agreement.
- The Funding Agreement includes the terms presented in the Request for Funding Agreement Extension form (EXHIBIT B) and Request Payment form (EXHIBIT C). These two forms are completed separately as individual DocuSign forms upon request by the grant recipient.
- Payments can be made before or after the project’s completion, though MetRec strongly prefers the latter.
- If the project isn’t completed within the specified Grant Period, there’s no guarantee of receiving grant funds.
- The Grantee must obtain all necessary rights, permits, licenses, approvals, and insurance.
- The District’s sole involvement is awarding the grant, and it isn’t responsible for any aspect of the project.
- The Grantee must indemnify the District against claims related to the project.
- Grantees should have insurance appropriate for their operations.
- The grant period should start no earlier than the year of the grant cycle (e.g., Jan 1, 2023, for the 2023 recreation grant cycle) and may end anytime during the same year or the next.
- After MetRec and the Grantee complete the Funding Agreement, DocuSign will send you a copy you can download and keep a copy for your records.
request for funding agreement extension (exhibit B)
- MetRec acknowledges unforeseen circumstances might affect project timelines.
- To request an extension, email the Administrative Coordinator, and we will send you a Request for Funding Agreement form via DocuSign.
- EXHIBIT B of the Funding Agreement is your completed Request for Funding Extension Agreement form. So there is nothing to complete in EXHIBIT B.
- Extension requests will be evaluated by MetRec’s Board of Directors.
- After you finish the agreement, DocuSign will send you a copy you can download and keep a copy for your records.
Request for payment (Exhibit c)
- To request payment, email the Administrative Coordinator, and we will send you a Request for Payment form via DocuSign.
- EXHIBIT C of the Funding Agreement is your completed Request for Payment form. So there is nothing to complete in EXHIBIT C.
- The Grantee will provide the following as uploads to the Request for Payment DocuSign document:
- an itemized statement of expenses
- one document containing all copies of paid invoices (if applicable)
- a budget report
- By submitting, the Grantee confirms adherence to the Funding Agreement.
- After you finish the Request for Payment agreement, DocuSign will send you a copy you can download and keep a copy for your records.
Q: Who are the parties involved in the funding agreement?
A: The Funding Agreement is between the Gunnison County Metropolitan Recreation District (“District”) and the Grantee.
Q: How can the grant be used?
A: The grant should be used exclusively for the project as detailed in “EXHIBIT A” of the Funding Agreement as proposed in your awarded grant application. Any changes to the grant’s purposes must be pre-authorized by the District in writing.
Q: When will the grant payments be made?
A: Payments can be made:
- In one lump sum before a project is completed.
- In one lump sum after a project is completed. Note that MetRec strongly prefers making payments after a project is completed and publicized because it increases transparency and administration of your recreation grant.
Q: What happens if my project isn’t completed within the Grant Period?
A: If the project isn’t completed within the specified Grant Period, there’s no guarantee of grant funds. You may need to submit a Request for Funding Agreement Extension form.
Q: What should I do if I need an extension for the project timeline?
A: If you need an extension for your project, you should complete the Request for Funding Agreement Extension form and submit it for consideration by MetRec’s Board of Directors. Please email the Administrative Coordinator if you need to request an extension, and we will send you the agreement via DocuSign.
Q: How do I request payment upon project completion?
A: To request payment, complete the Request for Payment form and upload an itemized spreadsheet, one document containing copies of all invoices (if applicable, and a budget report to the request for payment DocuSign form).
To request payment, email the Administrative Coordinator and the Request for Payment form will be delivered via DocuSign.
Q: What documents are required when requesting payment?
A: You must upload an itemized statement, copies of paid invoices related to the project (if applicable), and a budget report detailing how MetRec expenses were received and spent (including any expenses the Grantee has not accrued yet) to the DocuSign request for payment form.