Looking for a way to make a positive impact on your community? Join our independent recreation grant review committee! As a member, you’ll have the chance to help allocate funding for recreation that will benefit the Gunnison Valley.
As a member of the independent recreation grant review committee, you’ll gain valuable experience in project management, budgeting, and community outreach. Plus, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing that you’re making a real difference in the lives of your neighbors.
MetRec is recruiting up to seven independent grant reviewers to review, score and rank order its 2023 Recreation Grant Applications.
Here’s some high-level information:
- All grant applications are due May 26, 2023, after which the grants will be distributed to the grant review committee members.
- The grant review committee will meet twice, once in June and once in July to conduct the grant review process.
- It will submit a compilation of its grant review to the MetRec Subcommittee by July 10th.
- The board will vote on the grant awards at its regular board meeting, on July 20, 2023.
- The total time commitment estimate is 10 hours.
- Grant reviewers should not be directly affiliated with any recreation grant applicants.
See the 2023 Recreation Grant Programs and Applications page for more information. Contact Derrick Nehrenberg if you are interested.